Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Intentions for the New Year

I'm not one for New Year's resolutions. When I think of something I want to do, I do it - or if I'm in a procrastinating mood, then I think of doing it later. That being said, I have been trying to live a healthier life by working out regularly and eating a more balanced diet. In addition to these small efforts, I've thought of 5 intentions that I would like to carry out from here onwards. They are:

1. Drink more water
2. Drink at least 1 cup of milk per day
3. Eat more raw fruits and vegetables
4. Walk at least 3.2 km 5 times a week
5. Read more

So far I'm on target, with the exception of the milk. As I type this, I realize that it's 9:15 PM and probably too late to drink anything if I want an uninterrupted sleep (damn it.) Add to the list of intentions my desire to do more blogging. I always desire to do more blogging so maybe this year I actually will. Let's see what happens. For now, here's a recipe for dhania chutney which is made from coriander. 

Dhania Chutney (makes 2 cups)
  • 1 large bunch of coriander (or cilantro)
  • 2 small tomatoes, or 1 large tomato depending on the size
  • 4-5 Spanish thyme leaves, or ajwain ka patta
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic
  • 2-3 green chili peppers
  • salt to taste
Prepare the tomatoes and coriander by thoroughly washing them and coarsely chopping them (to allow for easier blending.) Now, simply blend all the ingredients until smooth and adjust the salt as you go. Enjoy this chutney alongside samosas, chaat, pakore, tikkiyaan, paranthe and more! 



No comments:

Post a Comment