Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Brownie in a Mug - Still Undecided


A friend of mine recently posted 50 Life Hacks to Simplify Your World to Facebook. Intrigued by anything claiming to simplify my world, I clicked the link and discovered at #34 the recipe for a brownie in a mug. Ever the fan of chocolate, I couldn't resist trying out the brownie and was pleasantly surprised when it didn't explode in the microwave. I did make some minor adjustments to the recipe, but overall I was satisfied with the result. So here it is: brownie in a mug.


Brownie in a Mug (serves 1 or 2 if you like to sharing)

  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp olive oil (I used light olive oil for less calories)
  • 3 tbsp water (I used closer to 5 to get the right texture)
  • pinch of salt
  • vanilla ice cream for topping (I didn't have any)
  • microwave
Add all the ingredients to a microwaveable mug, saving the oil and water for last. Thoroughly mix the ingredients in the mug until they form a thick yet smooth and gooey consistency. Microwave the brownie in the mug for 1 minute and 40 seconds. I ended up microwaving mine for a little longer because after the suggested time, I didn't quite look ready. And in retrospect, I probably should have taken the above picture BEFORE digging in, but I hadn't thought of it until it was too late. I don't know how often I would make this brownie, though I'm happy to have tried it once. This may or may not end up being both the first, and last time; but in the words of Justin Bieber and many before him: "Never say never."

2 comments:

  1. 3 tablespoons of what ingredient??

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS! It's water! H2O! I feel way embarrassed that I left that out, but thanks for asking and giving me a chance to clarify :) All the best!

    ReplyDelete