Pages

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Beat the Heat With This Cold Soup

Today is the first day that I ever craved cold soup - specifically avocado soup. Here's my version of a recipe that I found online. Hope you love it as much as we did!

Cold Avocado Soup - Serves 2

  • 1 medium avocado peeled and deseeded
  • 1/2 a seedless cucumber - chopped
  • 2 tbsp yogurt with any % fat
  • 4 tbsp lemon juice
  • a handful of mint leaves
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • salt to taste
  • water if needed
Simply blend all the ingredients together in an osterizer until smooth, adding a little water if needed. I didn't find it necessary to strain the soup, but I suppose you could if you wanted a truly velvety texture. I garnished with some red chili powder and a sprig of mint. Bon appétit mes amis! 

3 comments:

  1. To know Delhi famous places and famous dishes so please visit: http://delhifamousfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete